Taking part in an Internship while at the University is a great way to enrich your education and prepare for graduate school or a career in the biological sciences. Many employers and graduate programs look very highly upon a student who has real world experience gained through an internship. Participating in an internship can also help you develop your networking skills and open a gateway to a paid position when the internship has ended. The Biology department offers Internship Credits under BIOL 399. To receive credit, you will need to contact Gretchen Shirley-Berllande and file an internship agreement form. These may or may not apply to your major, you must see and adviser to talk about how the credit may work in your degree requirements. —Gretchen Shirley-Bellande (Hard copies should be given to Jason Patterson in Hitchcock Hall, Room 318)
Department of Biology
Interested in working with Biology faculty? Check out the Research Opportunities page for more information.
- Adaptive Biotechnologies - A pioneer in immunosequencing with a mission to change the course of medicine worldwide.
- Benaroya Research Institute - Conducts autoimmune and immune system diseases research. 8 week summer internship opportunity.
- Fred Hutch - Leading Seattle-area research institute
- Zymogenetics - A biopharmaceutical company focused on the development and commercialization of therapeutic proteins.
- Washington NASA Space Grant Program - The Consortium's mission is to further science, mathematics and technology education and aerospace science and engineering research for Washington's diverse learners of all ages.
- Native Plant Stewardship Program - Conservation and advocacy make the Washington Native Plant Society the voice for native plants.
- American Heart Association - Their mission is to build healthier lives, free of cardiovascular diseases and stroke.
- PAWS - Non-profit that serves as a champion for animals by rehabilitating injured and orphaned wildlife and sheltering and adopting homeless cats and dogs.
- Washington State Department of Ecology
- Wildlife Rehabilitation Internships
- Quarter-Long Internships with the Seattle Audubon Society
- Northwest Environment Watch
Around the U.S.
- The Washington Center
- National Institutes of Health
- Teach for America
- Ecology Jobs
- Organization of Biological Field Stations
- Student Conservation Association
- U.S. National Arboretum
- Environmental Careers Organization
- YMCA Earth Service Corps
- Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History
- Summer Jobs