3 October 2017
- Approve Minutes
- Community Standards & Student Conduct Outreach (Ashlei Tobin-Robertson)
- Research Committee (Hille Ris Lambers)
- CGC equipment update
- Graduate & Postdoc Committee (Kerr)
- Application review process
- Faculty Search Committee (Imaizumi)
- Search overview: a timeline for each phase
- Retention Policy Vote (Perkel)
UW Biology Faculty Retention Policy: When a faculty member receives an offer of a position at another institution, or such an offer appears imminent, the Department Chair will consult with senior faculty (including, but not limited to, the Executive Committee)on the merits of making a retention offer. The Chair will negotiate any retention offer with the Divisional Dean for the Natural Sciences.
- Faculty Appointments (Hille Ris Lambers)
- Vote to delegate authority to the chair to make temporary non-voting appointments without a full faculty vote.
- Delegation to Faculty Appointments Committee
Vote to adopt the appointment and reappointment procedure outlined in the Faculty Code Sections 24-52 and 24-53 (below), and to elect the existing Faculty Appointments Committee to carry out this task.
Faculty Code 24-52 & 24-53: The voting faculty of an academic unit may, by majority vote, delegate authority to recommend the appointment (and renewal) of affiliate or clinical faculty, research associates, or annual or quarterly part-time lecturers to an elected committee of its voting faculty. In an undepartmentalized college or school, this delegation may be made to an elected committee of its voting faculty. The delegation shall expire one calendar year after it is made.