Enhancing the student experience
What inspires your curiosity? The Biology program at the University of Washington firmly believes that curiosity should lead you to the field of study that sparks an undeniable interest. Biology students have myriad opportunities to explore subjects and issues that influence our lives and the surrounding environment in which we live. Through challenging and engaging courses, fieldwork, research, and internships, our students develop a keen awareness of the miraculous nature of Biology. Additionally, the depth and breadth of biological studies at UW serve as a foundation for broad and diverse career options.
The Department of Biology is currently the largest undergraduate major on the UW Seattle campus. The majors below provide training in biology at all levels, from introductory to highly advanced and give students the opportunity to choose a curriculum that best suits their needs.
DEGREES - The Department of Biology offers two degree programs, one leading to a B.A. in Biology and one leading to a B.S. in Biology.
B.A. in Biology:
B.S. in Biology curricular options:
- B.S. General Biology Handout (Checklist for General Biology)
- B.S. Ecology, Evolution, & Conservation Biology Handout (Checklist for EEC)
- B.S. Molecular, Cellular, & Developmental Biology Handout (Checklist for MCD)
- B.S. Physiology Handout (Checklist for PHYS)
- B.S. Plant Biology Handout (Checklist for PB)
Matrix of Classes