Department Diversity Statement
In the Department of Biology, we continue to strive for an inclusive and welcoming departmental culture that recognizes and encourages individual differences, that fosters the constructive expression of ideas, and that promotes shared values such as intellectual curiosity, creativity, collegiality, and sense of mission. Traditions of inclusivity can only flourish and reach full potential with continued active nourishment and effort, and with a collective sense of responsibility and mission on the part of the entire community. We as a department are committed to the continued development of our diverse and collegial community of people, ideas, and approaches through our missions of research, education, and public outreach.
Diversity & Equity Committee
- Codes of Conduct & Conflict Resolution (Joint with Executive Committee and Graduate & Postdoc Program Committee)
- Faculty Searches & Graduate Recruitment (Joint with Faculty Search Committee and Graduate & Postdoc Program Committee)
- Mentoring, Networking, & Training: Mentoring Compacts (Joint with Graduate & Postdoc Program Committee)
- Mentoring, Networking, & Training: Portfolio of Training Activities (Joint with Executive Committee)
- Undergraduate Community & STEM Opportunities (Joint with Undergraduate Program Committee)
Department Culture Office Hours
So that all of us can engage in upcoming faculty searches as ambassadors, bystanders, and representatives, we recommend reviewing the following resources.